Ever thought of applying green screen effect to your videos easily? Worry no more, because we got you covered. Here is a quick and thorough guide on how to integrate green screen effects into your own videos using HitFilm Express. But wait, there’s more! We are also giving FREE background templates exclusively for you.
Click here to download these templates, completely free of charge!
- After you have downloaded the templates, open HitFilm Express and create a new project. Then click on New, and select Composite Shot, then click OK.
- Next, import the clips and footage that you will be using, including the free template that you have just downloaded and your clip that has a green screen on it.
- Next, drag the clip with the green screen into the timeline.
- After that, click on the Effects panel, then go to Keying > Color Difference Key. Next, drag and drop that to your clip.
- Now, you can select the Screen Color and tweak all the settings on the Effects panel to fully get rid of the green screen.Note: To have a perfect green screen effect, check the View Matte option, and adjust the Min and Max settings to make your background as black as possible while making your subject as white as possible.
- Next, cut out the subject using the Mask tool.
- Lastly, go back to the Media Panel to drag and drop your chosen background into the project timeline.
That’s it! You have now applied a green screen effect onto your own video. For more advanced and helpful techniques on making your video even more realistic with green screen, make sure to watch the full video below as Uwais from bluefx.net discusses more tips like Color Grading and Color Correction.